The Shindy Music Festival was held for the first time ever in Shinnston, West Virginia this past weekend and it was one to remember and we are already looking forward to 2024. The festival was able to gather some of the top acts from the entire state in one location over two days. Twenty-one artists performed with one having to be nixed due to a fast moving storm front that ended the festival before all twenty-two scheduled acts could perform. With that small hiccup aside, the festival was a great time with vendors, food trucks and amazing music.
Below is a gallery of photos, taken by our photographer TZM Photography, from the festival and some of the things that stood out to us.
1. There wasn’t a bad artist that performed. All of the musicians that performed put on professional and high energy shows.
2. The Moon My Twin…We loved every artist that performed but the power trio in TMMT put on a stellar show. The energy was off the charts and lead vocalist Emay knows how to hold a crowd in the palm of her hand.
3. The Food Trucks that Shindy provided were awesome as well. Great food and drink options all around the facilities.
4. Performances from Ryan Cain & The Ables and The Heavy Hitters that were non stop fun. Ryan Cain brought the rockabilly while The Heavy Hitters brought the funk. And the musicianship in both groups was top notch.
5. The Parachute Brigade and Phil Joel each headlined a different night of the festival and put on fan favorite performances.
6. Ok, we know we said five but we couldn’t write this without talking about the amazing facilities of The Ferguson Memorial Park in Shinnston. The Amphitheater is nestled amongst the trees and has a beautiful landscape of hills all around it. The bathrooms are fantastic and the parking is readily available. The one acre field that acts as the seating makes it so that there isn’t a bad seat in the area. Put this one on your calendar for next year!
All photos by TZM Photogrpahy except background of cover photo by Joel Waltermyer.